|From Sulaymaniya protest, Feb 24|
Following the 26 February 2011 incident, the White Group drafted the following statement:
After many conversations following the incident on Saturday, February 26, which resulted in injuries and death, we decided to make the following points regarding the future activities of the White Group:
1. After the shooting, the Peshmerga [military] forces that were surrounding the demonstration mixed with the people and the people welcomed them by clapping. The work of the peace wall initially was to stop the interaction between the Peshmerga forces and the people. Following the mix of forces and people in this good way, it was determined that the role of the peace wall was finished. For this reason, the White Group is no longer necessary. However, at any time the demonstrators feel the need for the White Group, we are ready as a group to re-establish the wall.
2. We will work to make pressure on the courts to stop the arrest of people without court orders and we will investigate those people who have made arrests without court orders.
3. We will make pressure on the judges not to limit any statements for publication especially during this time and current situation. Many famous people have published statements and we want to pressure the courts to protect human rights for public interest. We will also pressure the courts to protect the right to record criminal activity in these incidents.
4. We will prepare daily reports about activities in Suleimaniya city and send them out internationally.
5. We will follow up and document all the people who have been arrested and disappeared as well as visit jails, police and Asaish [Kurdish secret police].
6. We will collect videos and photos of the demonstrations to keep as a record and to preserve the truth.
7. We will bring in international and independent investigators and include them in the team of local investigators.